Spell Bot – a simple (free) app to help children practice spellings.
The responsible adult can quickly create an audio based test of up to 10 words that the child can then use to practice their spellings. The interface is simple and intuitive so the child is not distracted from the task in hand. The child will receive immediate feedback after each attempt at a spelling. If they get a spelling wrong both their answer and the correct spelling is displayed. At the end of the test a summary screen is displayed with their final score as well as an invitation for them to retake the test.
- Simple interface – The Spell Bot interface has been designed to be as simple as possible so as not to distract the child from the task in hand.
- Immediate feedback – The child is given immediate feedback when they tap to submit the spelling. If they get the spelling wrong they are shown their spelling of the word and the correct spelling. Sound effects are used to make the feedback more engaging for the child.
- Results – At the end of the spelling test the results are listed for them to review.
- Graphical Feedback – As they work through the test there is a graphical indication of where they are in the test and how they are doing in terms of the number of correct and incorrect answers.
- Simple test creation – The creation of the test has been designed to be as simple as possible. A 10 question spelling test can be created in less than 2 minutes.